Ecommerce website owners wanting to carve out a large piece of market share need to be adaptable to the constantly changing digital economy. Long gone are the days when sales were guaranteed by just having a website that was SEO optimized. With consumers become more sophisticated, proactive online business owners must seek out and implement the leading ecommerce CRM software or risk losing sales.
Qualities of Leading CRM Software
Each online business model will have its own unique set of requirements, but there are some universally important modules that every CRM should have.
- Accounting Module: This will give the online business owner a detailed overview of all the funds coming in and going out of the ecommerce site. By having the accounting module integrated with the CRM, the online business owner does not have to manage a separate set of books; he/she simply logs into their CRM and can check their account balance.
- Inventory Control Module: Online businesses that sell tangible goods would benefit from the inventory control module. When properly configured it will send updates whenever a SKU within your inventory reaches replenishment levels. This module can be linked to the accounting module so everything is consolidated within the CRM.
- Customer Support Module: Whenever a customer has a question or issue they will need to communicate with your online business. The customer support module provides a streamlined process that helps get the issue addressed quickly. Online businesses that handle customer support issues in a professional manner stand a greater chance of instilling a sense of loyalty in the minds of their customers.
- Scalable via Cloud Integration: CRMs in the past were installed on a single computer and used by very large organizations. With cloud-based technology, a CRM can be deployed over the cloud and will seamlessly integrate with most ecommerce platforms. By offering the CRM over the cloud, it can grow as the online business grows. An inherent benefit of being deployed via the cloud is the reduced risk of having the ecommerce site and CRM be unavailable due to local power outages or internet interruptions.
- Affordability: Implementing a CRM has become very affordable in recent years. Since CRM developers can offer their software to the world, they benefit from an economy of scale, and this economy of scale translates into substantial savings for the small online business owner.
After running through this list the ecommerce website owner should be able to select the CRM that will help them boost sales and gain additional market share.